Senior Unity Developer / Programmer
VRTRON is seeking enthusiastic Unity/Game developers to be key contributor to our Projects. The ideal candidates find simple solutions for complex problems, loves being part of small but agile teams, and wants to push games to new heights. We’re an intensely collaborative company, passionate about our projects, and looking to create compelling features to keep players engaged for years to come.
As Senior Unity Developer /Programmer, you will be working closely with our Production and Design teams to bring exciting games to life! You will not be limited to coding, but deeply involved in the design and the direction of our games. Every one of our employees loves playing games and creating games. You are excellent at breaking down large gameplay features into components and communicating the level of effort required. You’ll have an understanding of hardware and system limitations and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve awesome performance and visuals. Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also encourage you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise with the rest of the team.
The right candidate…
- Loves games. Dedicates themselves to creating magical experiences.
- Enjoys working in a start-up environment and is ready to grow with the company.
- Works collaboratively, has a positive attitude, manages uncertainties.
- Program gameplay and application features in Unity for mobile and online games.
- Collaborate closely with art and design team members to deliver polished, visually impressive, optimized games.
- Work with production staff to identify technical risks and breakdown gameplay into user stories and scenarios.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced programmers
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in game development
- Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, preferably C#
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Experience in delivering mobile games for Android / iOS;
- Experience in working on a mobile strategy game is considered a big plus
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D.
- Used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Able to provide guidance and mentorship to the programming team
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles
- Experience with VR / AR technology / platforms
- Experience with Console (Sony PlayStation / MS – Xbox)
- Knowledge of BIM applications such as Autodesk Inventor, Revit and Civil 3D
- Experience with API development
- Experience using source control systems such as GIT